This page includes all the information and resources required to make an ELCAS claim and includes a link to download a claim form; hints to complete the form; steps for making a claim; and frequently asked questions.
Download Word document ELC Claim Form.
View or Print a Hints PDF
Please complete all parts of the claim form, as incomplete forms will be returned. If this is your 2nd/3rd claim the evaluation form must be returned for your previous claim before the next claim can be processed. You must ensure the claim form is received by ELCAS at least 15 clear working days before the course start date.
• Check your service number is clear and that numbers and letters are distinguishable.
• Make sure you enter the correct Learning Provider name and code (this may be checked on ELCAS website).
[IPSO FACTO Training Solutions Ltd, ELC 4030]
• Check with your Learning Provider for the course code. If your course does not have a code, leave the box blank.
• Where two or more Learning Providers are a partnership please ensure that you enter the name on the claim form of the Learning Provider who will issue the invoice.
• When calculating the 20% candidate contribution, you need to round up the amount (add a penny).
• Overall start/end date means start and end date of the entire course.
• If your course is split into modules, list each module that you are claiming for.
• Date must be before the course start date you are claiming for on this form.
• You must complete the required amount of eligible service before signing and dating Part 3 of the claim form.
• Must be dated on or after the date shown in Part 3.
• All boxes must be completed by Education Staff
• Signature and unit stamp must be original
• SQL number can be found from the SQL list on the claims page of the ELCAS website
• Must be dated on or after the date shown in Part 4.
If you require further help/information please contact your Educational Staff, or the ELCAS Helpline 0845 300 5179.
If you have left the Services, please go to the ‘Service Leavers’ page of the ELCAS website or contact your Single Service Representative, or the ELCAS Helpline 0845 300 5179.
View or Print an ELC booking process PDF
This is a detailed step by step process required for booking a course and making a claim.
Q1. Can I combine more than one course?
A1. Yes. IPSO FACTO can combine a number of course titles. This means that you can use your full allowance to book more courses under one claim.
Q2. Are combination courses set or can I mix and match?
A2. The courses we have shown on our literature and website have been agreed and accredited by ELCAS to be level 3 or above.
Q3. Do courses need to run sequentially and be within a set period?
A3. Not necessarily. However, to enable you to get the best benefit from your ELCAS allowances it is advisable to book your courses within the same ELC credit period.
Q4. If I book two courses, is it important which course I take first?
A4. No. You have the choice of which course to take first. However if in doubt please discuss it with our training professionals.
Q5. Is it advisable to book accommodation for the course?
A5. If you live within 1 hour’s commute of the training venue it is not necessary to book hotel accommodation for the duration of the course. However you need to allow plenty of time to complete evening homework and consolidate your learning.
Q6. Can food costs be separated from a course?
A6. Yes. We can separate any cost associated with the courses.
Q7. Can receipts for the above be billed to the candidate?
A7. Yes. All invoices can be billed as required
Q8. Can the cost of the combination courses be expanded over a two different ELC credit periods?
A8. Yes. Provided the first part of the combination course is taken in the first credit period and the next course is taken at the earliest convenient time, then there is not a problem.
Q9. What are IPSO FACTO pass rates?
A9. IPSO FACTO’s pass rates are as follows: PRINCE2® Foundation level: 99%. PRINCE2® Practitioner 86%. APM Fundamentals: 98%. APMP 79%.
Q10. Will I get penalised if I am sent on deployment at short notice and therefore need to change course dates?
A10. No. Providing your change of circumstances can be supported by an email or letter from your Commanding Officer.
Q11. Do I have to book courses through the CTP?
A11. No. You can book directly through IPSO FACTO.
Q12. If I don’t book courses through the CTP but use my ECL credits will I get the same price as CTP price lists?
A12. Yes. Providing you are using your ELCAS credits then the prices of all our courses will be the same.
Q13. Where can I find further information?
A13. You can either call IPSO FACTO on +44 (0)1489 588453, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website: www.ipsofacto.uk.com
Alternatively, full details can be found by visiting the Enhanced Learning Credits Administration Services page.