About Microsoft Project Advanced • Level 2
Microsoft Project 2016
This Microsoft Project advanced course will focus on the finer points of the scheduling tool. The course builds on existing skills learnt during our two day course. It is structured but informal, with opportunities to ask questions throughout the course. We will start the course by consolidating your existing knowledge and filling in any important gaps. There will be opportunities to discuss/demonstrate Microsoft Project and its relationship with Office 365, SharePoint and Project online.
Is the course for you?
This one day course is invaluable for experienced project managers who have used Microsoft Project on a company project or have completed the two day introduction course and now want to develop their skills further.
Join this scheduled course at our training centre in Whiteley, near Fareham, Portsmouth and Southampton.
Or, consider onsite training using our computers at no extra cost. £200/delegate or £1,000 for up to eight delegates on the same course. Minimum charge: £800 plus vat.
- Lunch and Refreshments – let us know if you have any special dietary needs. [Excluding London]
- Microsoft Training Manual
- Post course training downloads
- Certificate on completion
- Post course support relating to course content
Aim & Objectives
- To improve existing Microsoft Project skills in order to provide a more polished project plan.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Manipulate Task Type and Effort Driven options for best results
- Set and adjust a working schedule to improve performance
- Resolve Resource conflicts using a range of techniques
- Update tasks and resources within available slack
- Create and employ a range of calendars that reflect the real world
- Use the Organiser to simplify tasks
- Consider earned value analysis as a supportive tool
Re-visit Task Types and Effort Driven options
Fixed Duration, Fixed Work, Fixed Units, Effort and Non Effort Driven options
Working with a variety of Calendar settings and multiple calendars.
View Project Parameters
Critical Path, Custom Tables, Custom Reports
Set and adjust the schedule
Resolve over allocated resources, Resolve scheduling conflicts, Manipulate the schedule for best return. Control all changes associated Task Duration, Resources, Work and Costs.
Save Baselines and Interim Plans
Using baseline data to measure and report progress.
Track and Update tasks
Track and update all aspects of the project to reflect actual progress.
Identify Slippage and Slack
Work with slippage and slack. Views, tables and Reports.
Manage the Organiser
Set default Calendars for future projects.
Saving Options for your project
Project format, Excel linked data, PDF and GIF formats
Earned Value Analysis used as a supportive tool
Scheduled Performance and Cost Performance options