About Presentation skills for Business • Workshop
Dull, boring business presentations waste time and turn-off staff and customers. This hands-on course gives you the opportunity to learn AND Practice core presentation skills with the help and support of an experienced, expert presenter. You’ll also be able to practice these skills and receive feedback on what you are doing well, and how you can improve further.
- Increased confidence – Developing the ability to present to groups will improve your self-confidence.
- Increased audience engagement – We’ll show you how to engage your audience from the start of the presentation.
- Increased audience recall – If your audience don’t remember your key messages, you have wasted their time and yours. We’ll show you how to make your presentation memorable.
- Avoid “Death by PowerPoint” – Many presenters don’t know how to use PowerPoint properly and end up reading out the words on their slides. Why not learn a better way?
Target Student: This course is ideal for all supervisors, managers, team leaders and sales people who struggle to present their ideas in a confident and convincing manner.
Tailored training: If you have four or more delegates who need this course, or any of our other courses; we can offer a tailored training solution to meet your exact needs. Courses are held either at one of our training venues or on-site using a suitable meeting room.
- Lunch and Refreshments – let us know if you have any special dietary needs. [Excluding London]
- Training Manual
- Certificate on completion
- Post course support
Aim & Objectives
Delegates will learn how to harness their nerves and deliver a polished presentation with confidence and conviction.
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Use seven different tools for managing your nerves
- Describe the Visual, Vocal and Verbal elements of an effective presentation
- Use body language, eye contact and vocal variety to boost your credibility
- Prepare an effective and persuasive business presentation
- Capture and maintain audience interest using simple interactive techniques
- Use PowerPoint intelligently without relying on wordy, boring slides
Our presentation course is normally limited to six delegates to allow maximum opportunity for practice and feedback. Typically delegates will have three opportunities to present during the workshop.
Harnessing nervous energy
Many inexperienced presenters find that mere thought of speaking to an audience to be terrifying. We will teach a number of techniques to help them tame this terror and turn it into a useful source of energy. These include
- Simple but effective breathing exercises
- Powerful Mental rehearsal techniques
- A tool for dealing with a “destructive inner critic”
Exploring the presentation triangle
There is much more to an effective presentation than the content yet most people spend most of their preparation time working on their words. This is why so many business presentations are unprofessional and ineffective.
- Purpose – What’s your desired result?
- Content – What are your key messages and supporting information
- Structure – How to create a compelling and convincing story
- Delivery – How to bring your “script” to life
Dynamic delivery skills
- Body Language including posture, gesture, stance and movement
- Eye contact
- Vocal variety
Effective use of PowerPoint
- You are your most important visual aid
- Why wordy slides do more harm than good
- How to use images and charts to reinforce your verbal messages