PDU’s: Earning and ClaimingPosted on: 17th May 2017
Professional Development Units: PDU’s
The PMI uses continuing certification, PDUs to maintain your professional qualification. PDUs are used to measure the time and effort a project management professional spends in maintaining their PMI certification.
Many of IPSO FACTO’s courses are project management related and therefore relevant to PMI professional development. You can claim PDU’s from relevant courses regardless of whether the provider is registered as a PMI ‘Registered Education Provider.’
Here is your guide to claiming your PMI PDU’s for IPSO FACTO project management courses.
You will need to claim PDU units over the 3 year cycle towards your PMP re-certification. PDU’s can be gained from categories that are divided in to two types: ‘Education’ and ‘Giving Back to the Profession’.
Cat A: Courses offered by PMI’s REPs and PMI’s chapters/community of practice
Cat B*: Continuing Education with University/college/training organisation NOT registered with PMI
Cat C*: Self-Directed Learning
Giving Back to the Profession
Cat D: Creating New Knowledge/Content
Cat E: Volunteer Service
Cat F: Work as a Project Professional (practising project, risk or programme management)
|Approx training hours/PDU’s|
|B||AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner||28/28|
|C||AgilePM Foundation e-learning||14/14|
|C||AgilePM Foundation and Practitioner e-learning||28/28|
|B||APM PFQ – Project Fundamentals Qualification||14/14|
|B||APM PMQ – Project Management Qualification||32/32|
|B||APM PMQ for PRINCE2 Practitioners||21/21|
|C||APM PFQ – Project Fundamentals Qualification eLearning||14/14|
|B||Change Management Foundation||17/17|
|B||Change Management Foundation and Practitioner||29/29|
|B||Microsoft Project (Introduction and Intermediate levels)||14/14|
|B||PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner||32/32|
|C||PRINCE2® Foundation e-learning||21/21|
|C||PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner e-learning||32/32|
Follow the steps below and choose either Cat B or Cat C.
- Use the PMI’s (CCRS) website at https://ccrs.pmi.org to register your PDU’s
- Log-in using your PMI credentials
- Register your PDU’s under one of the following categories:
- Education: Cat B – Continuing Education (via classroom based/instructor-led)
- Education: Cat C – Self-Directed Learning (via e-learning)
The PMI’s scheme requirements state that each hour of professional development is equivalent to one PDU. The activity should also be relevant to the area of expertise covered in the PMP certification.
For audit purposes you will need to record and retain the following details from the course:
- Course brochure: Refer to the course outline on our website (www.ipsofacto.uk.com)
- Course registration: Course joining emails or letter
- Course attendance: Relevant certificate/ (confirmation email of attendance can be provided on request)
- Instructor qualifications: All course instructors are formally accredited by the APM Group and meet the ‘approved trainer’ requirements of Axelos.
- You will also need our contact details as your course provider. See below.
IPSO FACTO Training Solutions Ltd
Forum 3, Solent Business Park, Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire. PO15 7FH