Gain your Practitioner Qualification
Project management is the discipline of planning; organizing, securing, managing, leading, and controlling resources to achieve specific goals. PRINCE2® is an international project management methodology. The PRINCE2 qualification covers the principles, processes and themes used to manage projects in any environment.
- Widely used project management method
- Navigates you through all essentials for running a successful project
- Applicable to all types of projects
This qualification is aimed at project managers and aspiring project managers who have passed the PRINCE2 Foundation exam and want to gain the higher level Practitioner.
PRINCE2 training options
- PRINCE2 Classroom public/open scheduled courses
- PRINCE2 In-house training where we come to you
- PRINCE2 Online learning and PRINCE2 distance learning
Purpose of the Practitioner Qualification
The purpose of the Practitioner qualification is to confirm whether you have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor PRINCE2 in a scenario situation. You should, with suitable direction, be able to start applying the method to a real project but may not be sufficiently skilled to do this appropriately for all situations. Your individual project management expertise, the complexity of the project and support provided, for the use of PRINCE2 in your work environment will all be factors that impact what you can achieve.
Performance Definition of a Successful Candidate
You should be able to apply and understand how to tailor PRINCE2 effectively to a project within an organization environment supporting PRINCE2. Specifically you should:-
- Understand the relationships between the roles, management products, principles, themes, techniques and processes
- Be able to apply the principles, themes and processes to a project
- Be able to create and assess management products.
- Objective testing
- 8 questions – 10 question items per question, each worth one mark
- 44 marks or more required to pass (out of 80 available) – 55%
- Two-and-a-half hours (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official PRINCE2 manual only).
PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
The practitioner exam is used to apply previous learning of the method to sample PRINCE2 Practitioner style exam questions. No learning of ‘new’ PRINCE2 topics should be expected, rather an enhancement of your existing knowledge.
You must already have reached the standard of knowledge required and have passed the Foundation exam. During the course, you will have an opportunity to try out the application of your existing PRINCE2 knowledge to a typical scenario, and related objective style test questions.
It can be expected that this preparation event will improve the likelihood of passing the Practitioner Exam. However, success in the exam requires some basic analytical skills under time pressure, and this event is not intended to provide anything other than a high-level appreciation of these important skills together with useful exam strategy advice and guidance. Due to the intense nature of this course, you should plan to commit more than 3 hours evening study and review.
- Lunch and Refreshments – Southampton – let us know if you have any special dietary needs.
- PRINC2 Manual
- Exam Fees
- Certificate on successful completion
- PRINCE2 membership