PrintDURATION: 5 days
|TIME: 09:00 to 17:00 GMT|
Combine PRINCE2 with Agile, and you will learn the benefits of an Agile way of working, such as iterative and incremental delivery, while maintaining the structure of project governance within the PRINCE2 method.
PRINCE2 Agile ® is for anyone who wants to deliver projects in an agile context. Having the ability to deliver agile projects by tailoring the PRINCE2 project management method. You will have the benefits of agile ways of working such as iterative and incremental delivery while maintaining a structure of project governance. The course is split with the foundation syllabus covered during the first three days and the practitioner the last two days. The foundation exam will be taken on Friday afternoon, day 5 and your practitioner exam should be taken within two weeks of completing the course. Recordings will be taken each day and a link to the recordings will be sent to you each evening. Use the recordings to consolidate your learning and to fully prepare for the practitioner exam. Evening work will be set each day using sample exam questions and your trainer will provide feedback at the start of the following day. Pre-course materials will be sent to prepare you for the course.
Agile professionals, project managers, and aspiring project managers who want to be able to combine PRINCE2® and Agile behaviours, frameworks, concepts and techniques.
Other key delivery staff including: product owners, scrum masters and developers.
Business professionals with an interest in iterative and incremental project delivery through collaborative working.
By blending the flexibility of Agile with the governance of PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile equips you with the ability to:
The course is delivered in a structured environment that includes discussions and practical sessions, delivered by an APMG approved trainer who has practical experience of project management. You will be encouraged to participate in discussions throughout the course and short quizzes may take place from time to time. There will be breaks in the morning and afternoon, and approximately one hour for lunch. You will be given evening work with questions to prepare for your exams. Your answers will be assessed the following morning identifying both good and poor responses.
If you hold a PRINCE2® Foundation v5 or v6 certificate you are exempt from taking the PRINCE2 Agile Foundation exam.
PRINCE2 Agile Foundation exam: taken on the last day of the course, online and proctored – exam times to be agreed.
PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner exam: taken online (when you are ready) and proctored after a short period of consolidation but no longer than two weeks from the completion of training.
Have a look at the PeopleCert website with details about the PRINCE2 Agile accreditation
To become a PRINCE2 Agile ® Certified Practitioner.
The key objectives of this PRINCE2 Agile course are:
• PRINCE2 principles and PRINCE2 Agile behaviours
• Start Up, Initiation and the use of Cynefin Framework to help apply the right Agile approach to different situations; applying Lean Start-up principles
• Controlling a Stage, the use of Agile Work Packages and planning for frequent releases
• Managing Product Delivery, the use of Scrum and Kanban, the use of burn charts and information radiators
• Managing a Stage Boundary, Retrospectives, inspect and adapt
• Directing a Project, Pull rather than push reporting and collaboration, varying the direction needed depending on Agile maturity
• Closing a Project, how it might look in an Agile context
• Business Case and the minimum viable product; Requirements, and user stories; Prioritisation and the use of MoSCoW; how to define Value
• Change theme and the feedback loop, embracing change
• Organisation and the delivery team; Scrum Roles and the Servant Leadership concept; self organisation
• Risk and the use of the Agilometer
• Plans and the Agile approach to planning, how to estimate in an agile environment
• Progress and full coverage of burn charts and information radiators
• Quality and the Agile “Definition of Done”
• Tailoring the products for use in an Agile environment
• Agile Contracts, what needs to be considered for an Agile contract