IT Service Management FitSM using Standard Learning CreditsPosted on:
IT Service Management Certification from the APMG
Using Standard Learning Credits (ITSM)
No previous experience required
A light weight IT Service Management approach FitSM
Benefits of FitSM over ITIL
FitSM offers several benefits over ITIL, especially for smaller organizations:
- Simplicity: FitSM is a more straightforward and lightweight framework than ITIL, making it easier and quicker to implement. This simplicity also means it’s easier to train employees on FitSM, which can lead to quicker adoption and more efficient service management.
- Flexibility: FitSM is designed to be flexible and adaptable to different organizations’ needs, making it easier to customize to specific requirements. This flexibility also means that organizations can choose to adopt only the parts of the framework that are relevant to their needs, avoiding unnecessary complexity.
- Cost-effectiveness: Since FitSM is a more lightweight framework, it can be implemented with lower costs than ITIL. FitSM’s APMG certification scheme and exams are significantly more cost effective than ITIL.
- Agility: Smaller organizations typically have to respond to change more quickly than larger ones. FitSM’s lightweight, flexible nature allows organizations to be more agile in their service management, enabling them to respond more quickly to changing circumstances.
Overall, FitSM’s simplicity, flexibility, cost-effectiveness, and agility make it an attractive option for smaller organizations that need a service management framework that is easier to implement and customize to their specific needs.
FitSM’s 14 Processes and 69 Requirements
- Service Portfolio Management (4)
- Service Level Management (7)
- Service Reporting Management (3)
- Service Availability & Continuity Management (4)
- Capacity Management (4)
- Information Security Management (5)
- Customer Relationship Management (6)
- Supplier Relationship Management (4)
- Incident & Service Request Management (7)
- Problem Management (4)
- Configuration Management (6)
- Change Management (7)
- Release & Deployment Management (6)
- Continual Service Improvement Management (2)
FitSM is a serious and practical alternative to ITIL
- FitSM is significantly quicker to implement in comparison with ITIL
- FitSM is a more cost effective alternative with open source material available to everyone
- FitSM has a clear beginning and end. Something that other IT Service Management products lack
- FitSM is lightweight and ideal for most small and medium sized business’s. Alternatives are over complex in comparison
Read about it on APMG
What can you get out of this qualification? You gain many skills in the armed forces that don’t necessarily transfer to civilian life. This IT Service Management qualification will give you valuable transferrable skills with an entry level IT Service Management Qualification.
- Training Style: Structured and informal with discussions and mini challenges
- Training Location: Live Online from home or work
- Requirements: A computer with Windows or Mac OS – preferably a personal computer with a reasonable internet connection
- Software: Microsoft Teams (Free to download)
- Course duration: 1 day – 09:00 to 17:00
- About the course: IT Service Management FitSM
- Includes: Course notes, training and support, exam
- Online Exam: 30 minutes – 20 multiple choice questions (13 out of 20 required to pass)
- Read what others have said about these courses on Reviews.co.uk
- Discounted cost: £456
- This discount is for MoD personnel only
More about the IT Service Management Qualification FitSM-1 V3
IT Service Management Qualification FitSM using your Standard Learning Credits
|IT Service Management FitSM Foundation training and support (Standard cost: £540) |
|All figures include VAT at 20% |
|(FitSM) Exam cost |
|Training + exam: £370 and £90 = £460 |
|Standard Learning Credits |
|Reclaim £175. £460 – £175 = £285 |
|Total cost to you||£285|
On successful completion of the exam your APMG IT Service Management FitSM Certificate and Digital Badge will be emailed to you.
Get approval to use your Standard Learning Credits for an IT Service Management Qualification
Individuals must take advice from their local Education Officer to understand the eligibility of using SLC for this course. Then follow the procedure of Applying and Claiming. Please note this should be prior to the starting &/or paying for the course.
- Prior to committing for the course Complete MOD Form 1950
- Get Line manager’s approval on the form
- Submit to your local Education Centre for further approval
- Once approved individuals can commit to the course
On completion of the course submit Receipt of Payment + Proof of successful completion to your Unit education centre (RN & RAF need to complete and submit refund forms) → Service person’s receive the SLC as part of their pay (depends upon the JPA main cut-off point)
Find out more about IT Service Management FitSM
Contact us to discuss the qualification or course.
01489 588453 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Find more Qualifications for your CV: Skills and Qualification using ELCAS fundingBack